The goal of any technical institution is to produce skilled, globally competent professionals through quality technical education and to prepare them for immediate employment. Industries engross these knowledgeable professionals and enhance its production capabilities by contributing the latest technologies. To produce proficient graduates ready for the industry, it is necessary to know the requirements of the industries through industry-institute interaction. Hence, a good and vibrant industry institute interaction to promote education and entrepreneurship is definitely required. To build good rapport between the industry and the institute, institutes should have Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the industries.
* Visits of faculty to industry for study and discussions or delivering lectures on subjects of mutual interest.
* Visits of industry executives and practising engineers to the Institute for seeing research work and laboratories, discussions and delivering lectures on industrial practices, trends and experiences.
* Memoranda of Understanding between the Institute and industries to bring the two sides emotionally and strategically closer.
* Workshops, conferences and symposia with joint participation of the faculty and the industries.
* Participation of experts from industry in curriculum development.
* B.Tech. and M.Tech. projects/dissertation work in industries under joint guidance of the faculty and experts from industry.
* Practical training of students in industries.